- Visit Gobi Desert and explore dinosaur fossils in Flaming Cliff, climb Khongor Sand Dunes and hike in Volture Valley- spectacular landscape & lifestyle of the Gobi
|Number of person||Price/per person||You save/per person|
Meet at the Dalanzadgad airport, capital of Umnugobi province. Transfer to the Dream Gobi ger lodge, located 60km from Dalanzadgad (40min by bus). Lunch at the lodge restaurant. After lunch we explore Yol Valley (68km). We travel across the Gobi Desert to the Gurvan SaiKhan Mountains and enter this deep gorge in the Mongolian National Park. We will hike here amid impressive mountain scenery and learn about this area’s endemic plant and wildlife, including the valley’s namesake, the Lammergeier vulture. One of the valley’s most striking sights is glacial ice that extends six miles down the gorge in the winter, some of which often lingers through September or even year-round. Dinner and overnight at the ger lodge.
After breakfast, we drive to Khongor Sand Dunes (150km, 4h), the largest and most beautiful sand dunes in Mongolia. Take photos, walk, or take a camel ride through the sand dunes and enjoy the Mongolian Gobi Desert. Picnic lunch at the Khongor sand dunes. We visit a camel breeder’s family to experience local people’s daily life. Dinner and overnight at ger camp.
After breakfast, we drive to the “Dream Gobi” lodge. Lunch at the restaurant. After lunch we watch a short movie about Bayanzag and we drive to Bayanzag. Bayanzag is more commonly known as the Flaming Cliffs, a name penned by the paleontologist Roy Chapman Andrews. First excavated in 1922, it is renowned worldwide for the number of dinosaur bones and eggs found in the area. Here we enjoy a bit of light trekking among the Flaming Cliffs. Dinner and overnight at the "DreamGobi" ger lodge.
|Start date||End date||Space available||Max|
- Guiding and interpreting service
- All transportation as listed in the itinerary
- Accommodation hotel and camp
- All meals as listed in the itinerary
- 0,5l*3 bottled water per day
- Domestic flights
- All entrance fees
- Horse, camel and reindeer ride trial
- Boat rental
- Visa support invitation letter
Not included in the services
- International Airfaire + Tax
- Travel Insurance and visa fees
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, drinks, camera or video fees at any sites etc.
- Excess baggage charges
- Single room supplement
- Tips for your guides and drivers
- Optional activities